Monday, April 20, 2015

MDS Monday Challenge... again :-)

MDSM110
They've created a monster.  I don't know why I didn't "play" before but I've been going thru all the past blog posts and videos at MDS Monday and soaking up as much as possible.  My fingers are also worn out "googling" how-to's lol.

The design team awarded "me" with MDS Monday "Master" for last week's page?!  Sigh.  I'm glowing.  Thank you!
MDSM109 Linear Checkboard


The new challenge at MDS Monday is this sketch -

I literally "threw" a quick page together this morning in about a 1/2 hour.  Problem with me is 1) I want to use everything... including the kitchen sink and 2) I don't have very many photos [pout].  Oh well, if I keep doing this, I'll probably be using the same photos over and over lol.

I think I will go back and re-visit this sketch and maybe find a new photo as I'm not really happy with the colour choices but I did have fun throwing punches on the page and fillin' them (and I really didn't want to keep using my go-to "neutrals" and Downtown Grunge lol).  This one was so much easier than the Linear "checkerboard".  I wonder if I can find a digital download of that polka dot ribbon used on the sketch?  Off to see.

So here is my new play with the sketch and "Tie it Up With a Bow" challenge.


13 comments:

  1. Shelly, I'm so glad you were selected as Master last week, and so glad that you're all excited to create MDS pages. I understand the feeling. I love your new page above. The overlay in the background works great, and the papers are subtle enough not to detract. So glad you played with us again this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tami! I'm eager to play and learn some more :-).

      Delete
  2. Such another great page! Beautifully done! (Congrats on being the MDS master for last weeks challenge too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Couldn't of/wouldn't of attempted any of this without your MDS community!

      Delete
  3. Such another great page! Beautifully done! (Congrats on being the MDS master for last weeks challenge too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute page, Shelley! I love the papers you used! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yapha. Loved your challenge sketch!

      Delete
  5. Your paged turned out just great. so glad you played along with us at MDS Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I'm learning so much from all of you... AND having fun :-)

      Delete
  6. I like the paper you used for your page, but I really love the text over the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I admire you gals and your creations so much I'm sure I'm scraplifting all over the place lol.

      Delete
  7. Shelley I'm so glad you're diving in like this! I remember when I first discovered MDS Monday too... I was sucked right in! Love your DSP choices! Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, I'm not sure it's so much "sucked in" as consumed lol. Highlight of my week will now be Mondays lol as it tempts me to make time (right then, as soon as I see the new sketch) and play.

      Delete