Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My apologies to my "perfect husband", but...

Computers must be male. As soon as you commit to one you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have obtained a better model. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the day. ~Author Unknown

Sigh, I'm not having much luck the last couple days so thought I'd give y'all a pick-me-up, lol. Now, you must understand, that my husband is excluded from the above statement as in my eyes, and that of a couple of my friends (so it must be so)... he's perfect. Yup. Not going to turn "that" model in, lol.


Now to my 'puter woes. My "pink, Vista" Dell 'puter is very sick. It (okay, "I") got a nasty piece of malware and it's invaded my poor sweet computer and messed up just about every little nook and cranny on it. So... it was off to the Computer Doctor (The Trailing Edge) yesterday for a complete head to toe clean-up that they assure me will fix my problem. The darn piece of malware I got? The Windows Vista Recovery evil little (cannot call it what I really want in public) piece of garbage. Have learned that hitting that little red "x" to get rid of the screen only encourages it! Sigh. Control-alt-delete is my new mantra and as quick as humanly possible. However, that being said, it is so NOT going to happen again. Right?! Could've got the dang thing anywhere. Even, I am told, on the most innocent of blogs just like this one. Sigh. These buggers are getting craftier and craftier. Sure hoping the mantra what "goes around comes around" is most assuredly so for the idiots who think these up.


And to my continued woes... I am using my old IBM T41. It used to be fine for me even tho' everyone said it was slow. Hmmmm, they have a point. I am over-typing the dang thing and my typing is not even half of what it used to be. It's clicking and growling away at me. It's not charging. It wouldn't turn on earlier. Just stayed in a vicious loop of the Windows Screen to lull me into believing it was just "loading". A plea to my computer-literate son got some mercy and clicking in the "bios", whatever that is, and he got it up and running with a crooked grin implying "geesh, Mom, do I have to do everything". Grrr, lol. It hates me. So... I am typing this quick post thinking it might be my last for awhile 'cause when this poor machine dies... I don't think anyone in the house is going to let me NEAR another computer [grin]. The computers hate me, lol.

This is going to be the longest next few days of my life, lol, until my laptop is back with me in working order. Sigh. It can't be soon enough.

~Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment